Friday, May 21, 2010

"BIRDS ON A WIRE" or "INSERT YOUR OWN LIFE STORY HERE"

I have a new camera that I LOVE LOVE LOVE.  A gift from a couple of people I love and who love me back.  It's my dream camera.  Complicated, but not too complicated.  Lots of things to play with, but not so many that it makes my head spin.

I was the editor of my high school yearbook, by the way, for my junior year, AND, the all-important senior year.  Yes. I. Was!  I was THAT sort of student - in school at least.  They just didn't know what else I was doin' when I WASN'T in school!  If they had, I would NOT have been editor of my high school yearbook.

ANYWAY.........  (I'm also sure I suffer from ADD, can you tell?)  So, I'm still trying to learn my camera.  I sat outside one night last week when a storm was coming in, wanting to practice taking low light pictures, fast-moving clouds, and hopefully, lightening.

Well, I got totally involved in watching a pair of doves on the far-away electrical wires.  (Did I mention the ADD thing?)  And it only takes one little suggestion of something to transport me to a whole different dimension.

So, I wrote my own dialog for these two doves.  Knowing that they mate for life, I was sure it was a male and female.  I didn't get too close, but I'm pretty sure that the dove on the LEFT is the female.  Just by the attitude.  I'm pretty sure.  Here's my story.......


She's saying nice night and it's your turn to do dinner.  He's saying I don't think so but yes it is a nice night.


She's saying don't talk to me then.  (She's on the left remember.)  He's saying well I'm just sayin' I don't think it's my turn.


She's thinking she sees a bluejay over there who has potential and he's thinking I'll puff out my chest because that's what we guys do.


Then she says oh just get over yourself and GET AWAY FROM ME and go find dinner.  And he says did you not hear me the first time when I said I'm not doin' dinner, but I'll move over.  Here, how's this for ya!?


Is THIS far enough?


And she says yes it is.  It's just perfect.

THE END.

I think there might have been torrential rains, thunder, hail, and, for sure, lightening while I was doing this but I didn't notice because I was watching the birds.  Again, did I mention the ADD thing.

My life is pretty interesting.  What a fun hour.

And keep in mind, you just read this, so your life is pretty interesting too, I see.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

You crack me up! My #1 boy used to tell me that he could "translate" what birds were saying. You two might want to get together and discuss this talent!