Saturday, March 17, 2012

THE BEAST!


THE BEAST !!!!!!!  OH MY GOD!!!

It's been a while since I used our/MY tiny little leaf blower.  My landlord usually has "people" come clean up the yard, and for that I am enormously grateful.

But things are growing so fast and Oak leaves are falling like rain so I decide to drag out MY OWN leaf blower, damn it, and clean off some things myself.  I've done this many times before, although it's been a few years.

WELL, let me just say... It was a Carol Burnet skit.  I had leaves and dirt and gravel and huge tree branches going everywhere except where I wanted them to go.  (I had a brief thought of the "Twister" movie with Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton, where they're in the middle of a tornado and a COW comes blowing across their car.)  I finally remembered that the blower DID have an OFF switch so that's what I did.  How do those guys make it look so easy!!!!!!!!!!

Then I sat down with leaves and dirt and gravel and huge tree branches all over ME, and said SHIT.  Then I looked around to make sure no one else was there to see this, just in case someone had happened in and was enjoying the show.

I have to give WeedEater a pat on the back.  This little thing can blow!!

So the thing I learned from this... I've been looking for an extra little side-job, to put some supplemental money in the bank.
I now know that anything involving directional wind flow isn't for me.

I got my 30 year old favorite broom and accomplished the rest of my project.

And took a shower.

No comments: